Working with Segments
With the large volume of visitor data that is collected from any website, segmentation and filtering of the data is important to create the needed view on the details that are productive for insight and improvement.
- After clicking the 'Segmentation' action , the window appears that initially shows all segments that were saved. Either use an already created and saved segment, or use Create New to create a new filter segment based on any available criteria as usual.
- There can be many segments, search for the segment you need by using a part of the name, the id, or browse through all available segments in groups of 10. Click on any of the headings in the list to sort the list.
- Segment name is the name that has been given to this segment. Keep these names short but make them descriptive and unique. Click on the name or the Id of a segment to take the filtering into use.
- Snoobi accounts sometimes have many different users, this allows you to review who created a particular element, remove unneeded ones (if you're an administrator), or contact the creator.
- For newly created segments, the creation date is also captured. Since that was not available in previous Snoobi releases, this will be empty for segments created before release v.2020-11. It is a good practice to review older segment to see if they are still correct and required.
- Every saved segment has three edit options, one or more options are available to you depending on creator and Snoobi administrator levels:
You can edit and delete your own segments but not those created by others.
You can however apply both your own and those created by others You can also edit segments created by others as long as you save it under a different name.