The exported data files
Modified on: Fri, 22 Feb, 2019 at 10:09 AM
A CSV file has the following formatting:
- A percentage is expressed as a decimal number.
- A date is expressed in the following format: yyyy-mm-dd
- A time is expressed in the following format: "00 h 00 m 00 s"
- Amounts (in currency) are expressed as a number without currency symbol.
- If no segments are used, each column heading is preceded by s0:
- If several segments are used, the column headings are numbered: s1 :, s2 :, etc.
- The file contains the columns you have chosen in the panel, except when exporting organizational data (see Exporting visitor information below).
- The file follows the sorting as you have chosen that for the panel.
- The file contains all rows of the chosen time range, not just the rows that are displayed in the panel:
10 rows are displayed, 118 rows are exported
- Be careful when choosing a long time range at a lot of data. The export may take a long time or even be impossible (producing Error 500).
Reduce the number of rows in case of an error, or try at a different time when Snoobi's servers may be less busy.
A PDF file has the following general formatting:
- The file format and data are as you see it on the screen.
- The file is limited to 1000 rows.
- The file is trying to show the columns next to each other in A4 format. This may mean that long URLs or page names no longer fit on the page.
Export to CSV in this case. Alternatively, use your browser Print option and save as PDF if that is available,
- The file contains only the rows that are displayed in the panel:
10 rows are displayed, 10 rows are exported
- Be careful when choosing a long time range at a lot of data. Exporting many rows with lots of information can take a long time or even be impossible. Reduce the number of rows in case of an error.
You can easily export a custom report with multiple panels to PDF or HMTL. When exporting a custom report to CSV, you can only export the individual panels.
Accented characters are sometimes displayed incorrectly after importing a CSV file. The classification of a Snoobi export file is based on Unicode (UTF-8).
The display is sometimes deformed by the application used for the import.
Exporting visitor information
When exporting data from the Visitors menu to CSV, you will see that more data is exported than you see in the panel: organization data is always exported including its basic details.
An export to PDF does show only the information that displays the panel.
Exporting compared periods
If you have compared periods in a panel, you can export data to PDF just fine. When exporting to CSV, is recommended to export the data of the individual periods separately since this is not possible in one single export operation. Some panels do not allow compared periods to be exported.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.