How to use the results from the Snoobi ID Checker
This option is only available for Snoobi Administrators under Advanced settings | Check Visitor ID.
This function allows the Administrator of a Snoobi account to check if a submitted Visitor ID is valid. This function is not available for users due to privacy concerns.
Visitors may wish to receive information what information is stored for them in this account. To ensure the request is valid, they copy and paste information from the Snoobi ID checking tool and send the information together with the request for information to the owner of the website (you or another administrator).
You also may wish to request confirmation that they are the owner and this is not a shared computer.
Once you have established that the request is valid, perform the following to create an overview of all visits and send that by e-mail to the visitor. Note that these actions can only be done by a Snoobi Administrator.
- Go to Add Segment and Create a new segment
- Click on Visitor, select 'Visitor-ID', enter the first part (before the '-')
- Keep the setting on 'Include' and Save the Segment (temporarily) with the same ID
- Navigate to Visitors and Leads - Visits
- In the Date picker, select the time period. This will depend on the period your analytics data is kept within Snoobi.
- In Visits you now have a complete overview of all visits with this ID
- If no visits are available, then this ID is no longer in Snoobi's database and the visitor is anonymous by default as we cannot trace any visit back to them.
- Under 'Actions' in the Visits panel, select 'Send by Email' and send the information as HTML to the person who requested the information, adding some notes. Note that visitor-id is never exported to csv.
- Ensure you keep a log of your actions for your Privacy Administration.
- Tip: Send the email you send to the client also to yourself as you cannot repeat the action easily.
- We provided a sample text to react to information- and deletion request under this article
If the Visitor wants all the recognizable information removed, send the complete Visitor-ID to email@example.com, complete with client details. We will check back with you for a valid request and then remove cookies and IP-address information for this Visitor. We will keep a log of the action for a period of 12 months.
Important! Note that this action cannot be reversed, and that due to the standard backup rotation procedure, it will take up to 6 months before any trace is also removed from any backup.
Note that this information is valid as of the 2021-9/10 Snoobi Release, the previous version of ID Checker was using 3rd party cookies which no longer are used by Snoobi.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article